We are doing Single Stream Recycling which means you can put out any recyclables each week.
Village Deputy Clerk Job Description
Reports to: Mayor of Scottsville
Job Summary: The Deputy Clerk position serves to support and provide backup to the Clerk/Treasurer
Status: Part time
Clerk’s Office duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• The collection of fees for and issuance of permits and refuse stickers.
• The collection of moneys for real property taxes, and sewer and refuse bills
• The deposit of all moneys collected in a village account, and the accounting for such moneys received
to the Treasurer.
• The preparation of Board meeting agendas, and attendance at meetings as directed, and the
reporting of the results of those meetings (minutes).
• The filing of all village records and that they are safeguarded at all times.
• The administering and filing of oaths of office for all village government officials.
• The processing of village claims for payment.
• Assisting with submission of bi-weekly payroll and maintaining employee files as pertains to payroll
• Exceptional verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Must have positive interactions with village employees, trustees and residents.
• Must possess a willingness to learn and adapt to constant changes in the workplace through the use
and training in software, social media, policies, equipment and internet research.
• Respect for confidentiality.
• Is resourceful and decisive regarding office and village administrative concerns; uses good judgment
in making administrative decisions. Is a self-starter.
• Education – Minimum of an Associates Degree in Secretarial Science required or 5 years of
experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
• Experience – Computer proficiency in the MS Office Suite; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Bookkeeping – experience using accounting software to track payables and receivables
• Proficient in the use and etiquette of email, internet research and social media.
• Certification as a Notary and NIMS certification (if not current, within 3 months of employment.)
• Physical Demands – Continuous sitting, frequent use of computer (repetitive fine hand
manipulation), occasional bending and twisting of neck and back, standing and/or squatting, walking
lifting/carrying of items up to 25 lbs.
• Travel is considered minimal but is required for attendance at training and conferences.